Thursday, July 19, 2012

Travels


God is at work.

He is pushing me.

He is leading me where I am supposed to be.

I am doing my very best to let him.

It's hard because I am terrified.

Tomorrow, I will make the same drive I made almost one year ago. I will drive back to Fayetteville. Every mile will be full of memories. Every exit will be like a different direction my life would've taken.

But, I can't let that stop me. I have to stay on the track I was given.

And it will lead me to familiar ground. It will lead me to everything that is Aidan.

The woman who took his pictures with such grace and compassion. A member of the amazing family that is a part of his name. His Auntie Vos. My cousins that stood beside me during labor. People who knew Aidan. Who witnessed the miracle he was and still is. People who are loving me through this journey.

I am terrified to make this trip. But, in the end I am more afraid not to.

Team Aidan will be represented in full force this coming Saturday. It makes me swell with pride. It makes my heart ache with gratitude and utter devotion. It makes the tears just a little more sweeter.

If you think about it tomorrow afternoon. Say a prayer.
For safe travels.
For Peace.
For Grace.

The same prayers I prayed that night on the way to the hospital.
The same prayers that have carried me through each and every day. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wish I had known about this. We used to live in NWA and my Mom lives in Bella Vista now. Would have been nice to be able to be there too. Looks like they had a pretty nice turnout though and sounds like your day was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved