Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Still Standing

I've been talking about this huge thing that is coming. I have been dreaming about what it can do. I have been praying that it will be a tool (God's tool) to help us, help each other.

These next few weeks are just the beginning. An opportunity for you to get to know each of us that are monthly contributors. We are joining forces and raising our voices. We want you to join us. We want to further this community. Not just for those that have lost, but for everyone who is touched by the real reason we are here. The love for our children.

 We are all drawn here because of the grief. Because we are the parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, friends, etc. Because we or someone around us is walking this journey.

I have been traveling this path since September. I can't believe we are already half way through April and at the same time it has been the hardest and longest period of my life. Yet, these months have been defining. They have been educating. They have been blessed.

Because I am Aidan's mom.

Still Standing is a collective sigh in a world that takes our breath away. It is a safe place to come and find someone who gets it. It is a place where we don't expect you to just get over it. We understand that there is no getting over it. Just through it. Because it is a journey that will not ever end.

That is what my piece of Still Standing is. The Journey.

I will lead the blog link up each month. I will share where I am in this journey and invite all of you to share yours. We will encourage, learn and listen. Because while it is the same journey we are all at different spots. Some are further ahead and can give us advice. Others are just beginning and we are the light within the darkness. We are the proof that you can survive.

Our first link up will be May 8th. We will be looking at Mother's Day. We will help one another approach it with as much grace and peace as we can find. We will share our stories. 

My journey. Your journey. Our journey together.

If there is one thing that I have clung to and it has gotten me through some of the roughest moments. I am not alone. No matter how deafening the silence. No matter how empty my arms. I have found solace in knowing I am NEVER alone. We are doing this together.

I sincerely hope that you will take each of these next days and get to know my fellow writers. Get to know their journeys. Sign up for our newsletter. Join our facebook page.

Prepare yourself for May 5th. We will go live on a very special day. Sweet Jenna's birthday. Her momma is the genius behind this. I am just blessed to be alongside.  


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you...this is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to the launch. I won't be able to make the first link up - May 8 is the EDD for my Daisy, and some dear friends are taking me to dinner. It will be a tough day. I look forward to other link ups though.
    Katy

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved