Monday, January 23, 2012

Love them like Jesus

What do you do when someone you love is hurting? What do you say when you can't even imagine the depth of pain?

You do whatever it takes to ensure they know they are supported. You hold their hand as they cry. You hug them so tight that they know you won't let them break into a million pieces. You sit in silence. You cry with them. You pray more than you have probably ever prayed before.

You don't have to say anything in particular. You've heard it before and it's true. There is nothing you can say to make it better. You say, "I love you." You tell them how many prayers are being lifted.

You try and understand where they are coming from. Even though you can't, you try.

Quite simply, you love them like Jesus.


1 comment:

  1. I love this song!

    I found your blog on faces of loss, faces of hope. I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my baby, Lily Katherine, who was stillborn at fullterm on March 16, 2010. It's good to find people who 'get it' in the blogging community. I'd love to have you follow along on my blog as well; www.roseandherlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved