Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Who but you

Too little too late, his time has come and gone
Is that what they say when I walk by?
I’ve got a little more grey, my steps are slow and long
And the promise you’ve made fades in the moonlight

I see a star; You see the Milky Way
I see one man counting sand
But you see generations

Who, but You, would ever choose
To dream Your dream in me?
Tell me who, but You, would dare me to
Believe what I can’t see
Who, but You?

You’d think by now, it wouldn’t bother me
The hush from the crowd when I walk by
And you’d think somehow, I’d let my heart believe
It’s time to let go of lullabies

I see a star; You see a galaxy
There’s just one hope, just one way
These arms will not stay empty

Who, but You, would ever choose
To dream Your dream in me?
Tell me who, but You, would dare me to
Believe what I can’t see
Who, but You?

So call me crazy, call me a fool
You alone can do the things You promised to
You are Yahweh, I’m just a man
I’m counting tiny grains of sand
Placing every promise in Your hand

Who, but You, would ever choose
To dream Your dream in me?
Tell me who, but You, would dare me to
Believe what I can’t see
Who, but You?

Great and mighty God, I believe, I believe You
Keeper of the stars, I believe, I believe You

Only God could have gotten me this far. Only God can carry me through this week. Only God will be able to get me through what is to come.

He alone knows my broken heart. He alone knows my joy. He alone knows that some days are sheer determination.

Tonight my world shifted and I was unprepared. Tomorrow I have planned for sweet Savannah's arrival. Saturday I cannot begin to prepare for. Because Saturday is a day all about my hopes and dreams. The ones that are shattered.

Saturday is the day that I will stand still. Amidst all of the chaos. Amidst all of my brokenness and acknowledge that while the rest of the world kept spinning, mine stopped.

Saturday will be for all the parents who have stood in my place. Who on what was supposed to be one of the happiest days of their lives, instead stand honoring a child that has left aching arms, tear filled eyes and broken hearts.



2 comments:

  1. Tara, thank you for posting this! This has been one of the songs I have played over and over again lately. I blogged about it too on my last post: www.kainyn.blogspot.com
    Another one that has spoken my heart is I Gotta Keep Singin by MercyMe. Somedays all we feel is pain, but we gotta keep singing and praising His name. He is the only thing that keeps my heart beating when it feels like I am shattered in a million pieces. I find that when I am grieving heavily, I spend a lot of time listening to worship music. If I don't, I can hardly breathe through the waves that come. I am glad you have found this song too. I am so sorry you are on this journey. It sucks!!! If we are honest, it really does! I will be praying for you in these next few days. Lots of love and hugs to you as you honour Aidan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I feel and know your pain. I am sorry. Is there really anything else that can be said? You will be in my heart and in my prayer abundantly on Saturday. That is a rough time. For me, the day itself was not as awful as I feared it would be. A few days later is when everything it me. I know how it feels to know another is on their way. Such a sad, angry, hopeful, somewhat happy mix of emotions they are.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved