Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Aidan's Travels and The Journey

There has been a blog set up that will display all of the pictures of Aidan's travels. This was started by a sweet lady who is spending the summer in Europe and is taking A's bracelet along with her. She has invited me to keep up with the other parts of his travels as well. If you have a band and have pictures of it in different places, please send it to me. I love love love seeing all of the places he goes. If you would like a band, let me know and we will get one to you! And it just warms my heart to think he means enough for you to take him with you!

You can follow his travels here.

Today is also the second release of The Journey. I hope you will go and read the blogs that have linked up with my post. These moms are bearing their hearts and souls and we all need the support and encouragement.

Yesterday was nine months.
I got to meet one of Aidan's friends for the first time. She was born just a few weeks after Aidan and we just now found the time to meet. She is a precious, perfect example of what my life might have been like had the circumstances been different. It was bittersweet, but it didn't hurt like one might have imagined.

I was thankful to find that I am able to separate. I was able to see her for the miracle she is. I was able to hold her and giggle. I was able to look at her and feel the goodness.

Her momma is so near and dear to my heart. We took bump pictures together no more than a month before I went into labor. My heart felt immense love for her little girl. I was so thankful to be able to sit there and just be. My heart tugged but it didn't break. I was able to smile and envision what life might have looked like. What it will hopefully look like one day.

I walked away with tears for what won't be with Aidan. But, also with hope for the day I get to introduce a child of my own.

1 comment:

  1. I was reading through your blog archives, and the post from Thursday, October 27, 2011 (The Best Day) inspired me to write down (to the best of my memory) every detail of the day my daughter was born. You are absolutely right that although it was the worst day of my life so far, it was also the very best day of my life: it is the day I met, and gazed at, and held, and hugged, and kissed, and spoke to my daughter. Thank you so much for helping me to see that clearly.
    If you would like to read the post you inspired, it is on my blog: Why The Worst Day Of My Life Was The Best Day Of My Life.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved