Monday, February 13, 2012

Sisters

“Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.”
Carol Saline
 
My first friend. The only other person who knows the secrets of our childhood. My baby sister.
 
We couldn't be more different. I couldn't love her more. She is everything that I am not. She makes me want to be everything that I am.
 
I would do anything to protect her. I am her first defense. I am a force to be reckoned with.
 
We have had our ups and downs. That comes with such different personalities. But, without a shadow of a doubt, she is my built in best friend.
 
Throughout the years, we have been one another's support.
 
In September, she was my coach, she was my strength, she was my hope. And then, when I couldn't speak for myself she was my voice. She held my hand at Aidan's service.
 
She shares her most precious little boy with me. That boy brings such light even to the darkest of the dark.
 
I will always try and protect her.
 
I know I cannot always save her from hurt or disappointment, but I will always stand beside her. I will always walk with her. Cheering her on in the highest of highs and carrying her through the valley's that are just simply too deep.
 
Together, we have done amazing things. We will continue to do so. Because after all, she is a gift. She is my little sister.
 
James 1:2-4Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved